Happy Friggin’ Friday
Oh thank GOD it’s here. I posted this picture of another Friday, when I caught these big dirty apple flowers with my cell, cause today is a wet and dreary day…except for the fact that it IS FRIDAY. Anyway, as I was stumbling along, I found this great list by Dave Barry. It was originally 25 things, but, I love you guys so much, I took the liberty of editing down to the top 11. So enjoy, and pass along. Someone will appreciate it.
1. The badness of a movie is directly proportional to the number of helicopters in it.
2. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight-saving time.
3. People who feel the need to tell you that they have an excellent sense of humor are telling you that they have no sense of humor.
4. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests you think she’s pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.
5. A penny saved is worthless.
6. The most powerful force in the universe is gossip.
7. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.
8. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age 11.
9. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
10. Nobody is normal.
11. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be “meetings.”
If only our President could be so wise. Hell, if only I could be so wise…life would be tulips.
Pearls of Wisdom
“Twenty-Five Things It Took Me Over
50 Years To Learn” by Dave Barry